Friday, October 18, 2013

Chocolate WHAT in a mug?

So you have as a woman one of those moments in a month. Your husband is out with his friend, the kids are sleeping in their beds (or my bed, will find out when I go to bed), the new episode of Grey's Anatomy is waiting for you on the telly, bra off, cup of tea and blanket on the sofa.

And all that is missing is some chocolate... argh

Hmmm lovely chocolate, hmmm yummie chocolate.. hmmm no chocolate in the house.. snif snif

What to do??? And the more you think about it, the more you want it. I do have a box of quick and easy Brownie mix in the cupboard, but I don't eat all of that on my own. And it would be nice to make some with the kids this weekend. I make (if I may say so) delicious chocolate cakes and cupcakes, but again.. a bit too much just for me!



So damn you Pinterest! (no no I love you really, my sweet sweet Pinterest, another addiction that will make me feel hopeless and useless, because most of what I see and want to try fails miserably)

But over and over again you see "Chocolate Cake in a Mug done in 2 minutes" come by and you are intrigued. Could it be just that easy and superdelicious as they say?

So I go into the kitchen, grab all my stuff.. And I always have stuff in the house to make cakes.


Mix it....

And into the Microwave...


The house smells really nice.. hmmm chocolate....
According to the recipe, it only needs 2 minutes in the microwave on high. I let it go a bit longer as it just didn't look right. 

So I took it out and this is what it looks like:


Dark brown.. other words that came to mind were: Bouncy, Plastic, Spongy (but not in the "hmm nice sponge cake" way, but more car wash sponge way).

I was a bit concerned if it was "baked" all the way through, so I tipped the cup over in a bowl. I didn't make a picture of it, because it looked like.. well... poo

My motto is, try first... So I did... It was not cake... it was chocolaty, but not cake. So I tried to mask it with a dollop of whipped cream and took another bite. The whipped cream was nice. The taste of the chocolate was nice. But it was not cake.

So did I do something wrong???

Where is my beautiful Cake in a Cup:

   


So this has left me a bit depressed, I even paused Grey's Anatomy for this....

xoxoxo

Patricia

This is the recipe I used:

Ingredients

3 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 tablespoons whole milk
1 large egg
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons (20 grams) all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons (45 grams) sugar
2 tablespoons (10 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder
Pinch salt
3 tablespoons (30 grams) semi-sweet chocolate chips

Instructions

In a medium sized microwave-safe mug, add the vegetable oil, whole milk, egg, and vanilla extract. Use a fork or small whisk to mix until combined. Add the flour, sugar, cocoa, and salt and mix until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Bake in the microwave on high for two minutes. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment