Thursday, February 20, 2014

Crochet Your Mood Blanket 2014 - March Square - Free pattern

Yes, it's time again for a new Square for March!

I was pondering what to do for this square. In the meanwhile I was working on a few other projects, My Watermelophant, a new spring flower project and my Color Explosion Ottoman.

I was watching the kids play and their inflatable ottomans were just bugging me. I don't like stuff with popular characters on it. I think it's ugggggly. But the kids like it and I can't stop other people from giving it to them. So I told Aoibhinn I will make a pretty rainbow cover. She wasn't to sure. But as soon as I finished it, she loved it! Now I have to make another one for the boy. Because he likes the lovely colours as well! And I have a few more requests, but I have to figure out supplies and price first before I can commit to orders.

I love it. It lights up the room by just sitting there!!!

But we're here for the March Square and it's a beauty!!



You can download a PDF file here!
I will only do the first 3 rows in picture, as the rest of the square is the same as the Januari and Februari squares. This square has 1 row less, as row 3 is a double row.

I changed yarn, from Roma scheepjeswol to Stylecraft Special DK. I found this amazing woman who sells Stylecraft DK and New Fashion DK on Instagram and facebook. I ordered 24 skeins and am in love!!! It's so nice to work with! But I have to change hooksize now aswell.

So this square is made with Stylecraft Special DK and hook size 4.5mm. Square will measure 15cm/6" with my gauge. Please keep in mind, I crochet loose, so to get the same size you may have to go up a hook size.

Half DC or TR is only the first step of a DC/TR, you don't pull through last loop, you leave loop on hook until specified to pull through.

3HalfDC


R1, MC, 11DC, SLST to first DC - 12 st

R2, pull up a loop the height of a DC, *Puff stitch (*YO, Pull up a loop* 4 times), CH1* repeat around - 12 puffstitches



R3, SLST in to next CH1Space, CH2, DC2cluster, on top of cluster, *CH4, HalfTR, HalfDC in first CH, 3HalfDC in next CH1Space, pull through 6 loops, CH4, HalfTR, HalfDC in first CH, 3HalfDC in same CH1Space, 3HalfDC in next CH1Space, pull through 9 loops* repeat around until last CH1Space, CH4, HalfTR, HalfDC in first CH, 3HalfDC in next CH1Space, pull through 6 loops, CH4, HalfTR, HalfDC in first CH, 3HalfDC in same CH1Space, insert hook in eye on top of first cluster, YO, pull through eye and pull through 6loops on hook - 12 arcs




R4, *4SC, CH2* in each CH4Space around - 72st

R5, CH2, 2DC in last created CH2Space, 6DC in next CH2Space, (6DC, CH2, 6DC) in next CH2Space, 6DC in next CH2Space, *6DC in next CH2Space, (6DC, CH2, 6DC) in next CH2Space, 6DC in next CH2Space* Repeat all around, at the end add 3DC to your first DC’s to make 5 plus CH2, SLST to first DC

R6, *CH3, SLST on top of next 6HDCshell, CH3, SLST on top of next 6HDCshell, CH3, SLST in corner, CH3, SLST in same cornerspace, *CH3, SLST on top of each next 6HDCshell until you reach the corner*, CH3, SLST in corner, CH3, SLST in same cornerspace, *CH3, SLST on top of each next 6HDCshell until you reach the corner*, CH3, SLST in corner, CH3, SLST in same cornerspace, *CH3, SLST on top of each next 6HDCshell until you reach the corner*, CH3, SLST in corner, CH3, SLST in same cornerspace, CH3, SLST on top of next 6HDCshell CH3, SLST to first SLST

R7, SLST into next CH3Space, CH2, 3HDC in same CH3Space, *4HDC in each of next CH3Spaces until you reach a corner, 2HDC, CH2, 2HDC in corner space* repeat all around, SLST to first HDC.

Hope you like it and would love to see some finished squares!!!

Copyright Patricia Stuart 2014 ©.
You are free to create from the pattern and sell the creations.
Please do not copy, rewrite, resell or distribute as your own, this is prohibited.
Please give credit to my shop for the pattern and if you sell finished items online,
please provide a link to my blog or ravelry for the pattern.
Thank you for your understanding.

Please visit my blog: Pukado - Blog
Please visit any of my shops at Etsy, Ravelry or Craftsy
FaceBook me! @Pukado
Follow me on Pinterest

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE the ottoman cover! It is so bright and pretty! and the square pattern is lovely as well! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your patterns are stunning!!! I can't wait to make each and every one!!! Your work is fabulous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I'm not understanding how to end round 4 and start round 5. Is there a slip stitch? how do I reach from the end of round 4 to begin round 5? Sorry if this is a dumb question. Please bear with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fellow crocheters on Ravelry & reddit were able to help me out.

    ReplyDelete